Just found out that I'll be receiving the Light Fellowship again this summer to study in Seoul!
Another summer of amazingness.
Last summer--randomly finding my way around Seoul, doing all the tourist-y things, learning how to use the subway--was great (although I really could have done without getting lost trying to find Rodeo Drive in the rain and seeing lots of naked people in mokyoktang!) , but this summer I'd really like to ..
- look into getting a roomier place in Sinchon
- volunteer at a care center, or with a support group
- get FLUENT in korean .. do all my hw for sogang class ;)
- maybe get a nicer cell phone? one of those snazzy korean ones with a built in korean-english dictionary, perhaps.. the LG chocolate in white is soooo nice! although obviously way out of my budget
- eat and drink a ton... (obviously) although so far me trying to make korean food in my dorm room has actually been working. an attempt to make kimchi chigae is gonna happen before spring break (somehow I managed to get real kimchi from Koreatown in NYC to New Haven) =P sooo smelly.. but soooo satisfying
and my two amazing friends from burlington are gonna come and visit me for a week too ^^