2.5 months in Seoul, South Korea
 
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
last week in korea =,(
I can't believe I only have 9 days left here...
unbelievably sad, but at the same time excited for AMERICA~~ American speech, clothes, people.

Anyway, haven't updated for a while--parents and sister came to visit for a week!! Nonstop eating, traveling, meeting up with parents' old friends, and family.

Especially family.
For my entire life, I'd never spoken to or seen anyone related to my mom.... All of her family lived in Seoul and spoke only Korean. We finally got to meet, over a 6-hour dinner at my grandmother's house near Seoul National University.















It was the first time in our lives for my sister and I, and the first time in almost 30 years for my mother.
















Meeting my (adorable) grandmother, aunts, uncles, and cousins for the first time was an experience I'll never forget. I'm so thankful that I could come to Korea this year, and discover family that I never knew I had.
posted by Jane @ 8:24 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *collective awwww*

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thank you for your comment.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Home
Counter
visitors
Posts by Category: click to expand
Culture and Society
Events and Performances
Food
Places of Interest
About Me

Name: Jane
Location: New Haven, CT, United States
See my complete profile
Recent Posts
Archives
Links



BLOGGER